Our Family

Our Family
Aug. 2010

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Life update

The weather is starting to finally get nice so that means planting season is underway. This year planting season is about 3 weeks behind last year. Scott spent 18 hours in the field on Tuesday and plans to spend the same today. I have had several nice afternoons out in my yard clean up the flower beds and and spreading mulch. My Dad spent one Saturday afternoon helping me and Chairty spent another afternoon helping me- Thank you. A few weeks ago we got our onions and one row of potatoes planted. It is nice to see them already sprouting and looking good. I hope to get the rest of my garden planted this weekend.

Gretchen had the flu a week ago Monday and still is not 100%. We are taking her to the Dr. again today. She now has a really bad cough and runny nose. I came down with the flu on Saturday. Scott had to stay home all day and take care of Gretchen. He was a ton of help and I really appreciate that he could stay home. I just hope he doesn't get the flu. I had to miss chaperoning the prom for first time since I starting teaching due to having the flu. By late Saturday night I started to feel better. Thank you- God.

My nephew Ryan made his first holy communion this past Sunday. Our family got to witness this special event. We are so proud of him. He is growing into such a big boy. He is eight now and very athletic. We enjoying playing sports together and Wii. He rocks at everything he does. My family has gotten together with my brother's family the past two weekends in a row and really enjoyed it. My little Gretchen loves to play with her big cousins Ryan and Rachel. I think we might get to see them again this Saturday. Jeff says he might come to Nappanee-if he gets to go four-wheeling.

My Mom is busy with everything at her school. She volunteers for everything possible. She is looking forward to the end of the school year and her library closing. She has started to talk about opening the cottage for the summer. My Dad has been a ton of help with babysitting and farm work. Our babysitter had to go out of town last week and we had to depend on my Dad to babysit. He did a great job with a sick Gretchen. Thank you- Dad. My mom even took a day off to watch Gretchen on Friday. Thank you-Mom

My school year is almost over. I think we are down to only 17 days. I am nervous and excited to end this school year. For the second time I will be saying bye to a friend in the PE department as he retires. I don't think anyone can replace these men that have given 30+ years to our school. Next year is the start of new beginnings.

I haven't blogged in a long time and I need to do a better job keeping up. I might be able to once school is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment