A week or so behind...
If you have read my friends blogs you have already heard about the awesome weekend we had at the Fervida lake cottage. About 20 of our friends gathered to hang out at the lake Sunday July 2oth. We had a lot of fun playing corn hole, swimming, knee boarding, tubing, and just visiting as friends. We are really lucky to have a great group of friends.
The Elkhart 4-H fair was the week of July 20-25. Scott, Gretchen, and I made it out the fair a few times. Saturday our Sunday school class worked the pork tent so we all got to go to the fair for free and even get a free meal! Unfortunately, when Scott, Gretchen , and I arrived it was raining pretty hard but we did okay and managed to stay dry for the most part. Gretchen got her first glimpse of the fair. Thursday we went to the fair again for the tractor pull. Although I didn't get to see a single pull this year because I didn't want Gretchen to be around the noise. She and I enjoyed and afternoon and evening of walking around looking at everything we could at the fair. Scott took several breaks to show his little girl all the farm animals. She liked them from a distance but wouldn't get very close. She thought she wanted to but just couldn't allow herself to get too close. We had a nice time as a family at the Elk. Fair.
Friday night we enjoyed the company of Jeff, Ann and Carter Shrock. Scott showed us his grilling skills as he prepared a really nice stake dinner. We were able to eat fresh, potatoes, green bean, corn, zucchini (all from our garden) and fresh blueberries for supper. We loved it. Carter and Gretchen had a great time playing together.
Sunday I unfortunately had to go to a viewing of a friend of our family. Pat Sawyer passed due to a hit and run bicycle accident this past week. He is survived by his wife and four children. Very sad. Scott kept Gretchen so I could go with my parents to his viewing. May God be with him and his entire family. Please give them strength during this time. Once I retuned from the viewing we went to visit Grandma Betty and Grandpa Don at the Fervida lake cottage. Gretchen got to swim and enjoy lots of attention from her Grandparents and their friends.
And now--- that brings us to this week. I am attending a class at IUSB. I decide to take a grant writing workshop. I have a ton on my mind tonight as I blog, but want to save my new information for another posting.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad. I know God will be with them during this time. I can't imagine being left to raise 4 kids alone! :(
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find someone for the ticket this weekend. Any luck?
Last week we stayed just down the street from the Fervida lake cottage. It was a beautiful week for the lake.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your friend. They were talking on the radio this morning about a fundraiser they are having for his family tomorrow...they are in my prayers!
Hi Melanie! I now have a blog. The address is
ReplyDeletehappilyeverafter-victoria.blogspot.com