Our Family

Our Family
Aug. 2010

Friday, September 12, 2008

Dad update

My Dad returned to the Doctor today. Since being diagnosed with an atrial flutter his lifestyle hasn't really slowed down very much. His heart rate goes from 60bpm -120bpm in a matter of seconds. At the Doctor today he was told that he needed to take it even easier then he already has been. No running or biking for the next 2 weeks. In 2 weeks he will be seen by a cardiologist. Hopefully he will find out more when he sees the specialist. It is really hard for him to sit back and wait. I hope and pray for a healing diagnosis soon.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my story:

    I went to the hospital a few months ago because my heart was beating 140 bpm. They were able to use drugs to slow it down and now I take Digoxen and another drug daily.

    I asked about ablation and my cardiologist said that if the drugs are keeping it down, no need for surgery. Of course he doesn't do ablation.

    I have heard others say they prefer the ablation to the drugs. I am still thinking about it.

    Thanks for you post.

    ReplyDelete