An exciting weekend with family!
Friday we traveled to my Uncle Pats for my cousins rehearsal dinner party. My Dad's entire side of the family was able to attend this event. (all 7 children + families) It was so nice to see everyone.
Saturday morning after breakfast most of the family met at the hotel pool for a few hours of fun prior to the big event. I had a blast swimming with my 2 nephews and rest of the family.
Just as I was getting ready to take a shower the phone rings- it was my cousin- she didn't like her hair! HELP- she asks. So off I went to the church all dressed up with wet hair and no make-up on. Only to save my little cousin and make her feel better about herself on her special day. I not only fixed her hair but I fixed a broken hook and eye on the back of her dress. Thanks to 10 years of 4-H.
The wedding was BEAUTIFUL. She wore a champagne dress and her bridesmaids wore a copper brown. Her mother did an excellent job with the flowers and all the extras. I am so happy for Andrea and Ron. After 8 years they finally tied the not. Congratulations.
Sunday afternoon most of my Dad's family traveled back to his lake cottage in Cassopolis, MI for a fun filled day of WIND!!!! The sun was shinning but we had terrible wind that kept us from taking the boat out. We only got to use the jet ski. So we enjoyed the day visiting and sitting in the wind.
I can't explain how neat it was to be with my family. We love to talk and talk and talk. In fact I went to bed at 2:00 AM on Friday and 1:00 AM on Saturday. Time with my family is always so much fun. I just love it. Praise God.
WOW! It sounds like you guys had a really busy weekend. And how cool that you saved the day for your cousin. I'm sure she appreciated all your years in 4H too! :)
ReplyDelete